Monday, December 18, 2006

Boy Girl Boy Girl Boy

I'm not quite sure what this is all about. The only info I can find says exactly the same thing as this article.

If anyone has more information, please feel free to let me know.

I have been reading a book of essays Women on Ice by Cynthia Baughman. In it, there are several essays discussing gender testing. I think this is extremely odd. I'm not quite sure what the line on this particular instance is yet, but I'm curious.

As an aside, the book discusses the dichotomy of feminine/sports skaters, using Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan as examples. It's a really interesting book in that it uses ice skating to really look into the embedded sex/role issues facing women and men and the ramifications of those roles/characteristics.

But, like I said, if you have anything to add, please do so.

No comments: